2018 Rain and Hail Photo Contest Rules
Rain and Hail proudly announces the eleventh annual Rain and Hail Photo Contest! You may have the winning photo already at home collecting dust or it might be just out your back door waiting to be captured! Regardless of whether you are a professional or an amateur, a nature enthusiast or a studio photographer, you can enter the contest.
2017 Rain and Hail Photo Contest Winner
Brian Shaffer - Garland, Utah
The Rain and Hail Photo Contest is open to all policyholders, agents, adjusters, associates, employees and retirees of Rain and Hail who reside in the United States or Canada. All contestants must abide by the terms and agreements of these official rules. In order to be considered for the photo contest, images must be taken within the continental United States or Canada. Photo entries must be submitted online. If photos are submitted by a minor, the signature of a parent/legal guardian is required on the entry form.
Entrance into the contest is free. Participants can submit up to three (3) images for judging. Participants must own all rights to photos submitted. All entries may be featured on our website.
Please take into account the following considerations when submitting photo entries:
- To ensure that your photos are of high enough quality, please use a device with 6 MP (Mega-Pixels) or higher. The following are examples of devices with enough MP to qualify for the calendar.
- Sony Cyber-shot: 22 MP
- Nikon COOLPIX: 16 MP
- Canon PowerShot: 20 MP
- iPhone 5S: 8 MP
- Samsung Galaxy S4: 13 MP
- HTC One M9: 20 MP
- Do not alter dimensions or resolution.
- Photo entries must be a digital image (jpg format preferred) and must be taken using the highest quality possible for your device.
- Photographs in landscape orientation are preferred due to the calendar format.
- Photos may be disqualified if they do not meet the requested specifications. If you are questioning the quality of your photo, please submit. Even if it does not meet the specifications, it may be of high enough quality.
- When submitting your photo(s), please be sure to supply an accurate title/name for the photo.
- Photos featuring any season of the year will be considered and placed throughout the calendar accordingly.
- Rain and Hail will appoint a judging panel to evaluate the photos. The appointment of these judges is final and no employee on the judging panel is eligible to compete in the photo contest.
In order to be eligible for the photo contest, photographs must fall into the following categories. Photos that do not adhere to these requirements may be disqualified.
- Livestock Photos (Equine, Cattle/Cows, Lambs and Swines/Hogs Only)
- Barns, Outbuildings, Silos and Farming Equipment in Good Repair (Old barns that would not be of insurable quality or antique equipment not of insurable quality will be disqualified.)
- Farm Life
- Weather (Provided fields, farms, livestock, etc. are also included)
Deadline for Submitting Entries
All photos must be received at Rain and Hail by August 1, 2018 to be eligible for the 2018 Photo Contest for the 2019 calendar and grand prize. All entries received after August 1, 2018 will be entered into the 2019 Photo Contest for the 2020 calendar and grand prize.
Grand Prize: The contestant who enters the winning photo will receive a tablet device (subject to change), will be announced on the Rain and Hail website and will be featured on the cover of the 2019 Rain and Hail Calendar.
Runners up: Twelve additional photos will be chosen to run in our annual calendar, which is mass printed and distributed throughout the country. These photos will be featured on our website. All winners will receive a complimentary copy of the 2019 Rain and Hail calendar.
View Photo Contest Rights, Terms and Warranty