Be Your Own Boss Serving America's Farmers and Ranchers
Make your own hours and work with the best by submitting your request for a contract today.
“I enjoy working with their [Rain and Hail] truly outstanding staff members and adjusters, both the full-time staff and the other contract adjusters. I especially appreciate that almost all of the management people with Rain and Hail have actually worked in the field before moving into management positions. They understand what we are really trying to do, can offer valuable advice and are perfectly willing to do so when asked for help.” – Dan Nelson, Independent Adjuster for Rain and Hail for Eight Years
“I love everything about my job … Being able to work from home and schedule my own hours. Rain and Hail’s employees, all extremely nice and understanding. Having the opportunity to travel and speak with different kinds of people.” – Brandace Ward, Independent Adjuster for Rain and Hail for Three Years
“It has long been said that loss adjusters are the company’s ‘boots on the ground’. Loss adjusters are the face and the heartbeat of the company as well.” – George Houk, Independent Adjuster for Rain and Hail for 30 Years
“They [Rain and Hail] have the best technology with a lot of tools to do our job efficiently.” – Brent Laner, Independent Adjuster for Rain and Hail for 12 Years
Why Rain and Hail?
We have been committed to the American farmer and rural America for more than 100 years. Our belief in a strong safety net for America’s agricultural communities and our high-level service make us a leader in the industry. Our service is backed by the largest crop insurer in America, and we are localized from coast-to-coast with nine division offices and hardworking fieldstaff throughout the country.
What will you be doing?
- Building relationships with growers and agents, while delivering outstanding claims service.
- Accurately documenting and transmitting loss information.
- Measuring fields and bins
- Completing field inspections
- Reading maps
- Assessing damage to crops
Why be an independent adjuster?
- Control your own schedule.
- Work from home and in the field.
- Competitive contract rates.
- Flourish in an ever-changing work environment.
Who are we looking for?
- Have excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Are able to meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure.
- Have the ability to multitask, prioritize and maintain organization.
- Have high attention to detail and ability to complete tasks meticulously.
- Have knowledge of claim adjustment rules and regulations, the agriculture industry or crops pertinent to their assigned territory.