Serving Alberta, Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Rain and Hail Insurance Service, Ltd. is comprised of nine division offices throughout the United States and one in Canada, with our Corporate Office and Processing Center headquartered in Johnston, Iowa.
The organization began in 1919 as the Rain and Hail Insurance Bureau. It changed from a company-owned entity to an employee-owned managing general agency in 1981. Prior to 1981, the Company concentrated on private Crop-Hail insurance and miscellaneous related crop insurance products. In 1981, Rain and Hail Insurance Service, Ltd. added Multiple Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI) to its portfolio. Rain and Hail Insurance Service, Ltd. was acquired by Chubb in 2010.
Currently, Rain and Hail Insurance Service, Ltd. manages the business for its principal risk bearers, Chubb.
We recognize that under international trade agreements, most other forms of grower protection are disappearing which increases our need for an effective crop insurance program. Rain and Hail Insurance Service, Ltd. is willing to work with interested agricultural groups and government officials to develop ideas that will improve Canadian crop insurance programs for growers and taxpayers. We believe this can best be achieved through fostering a business relationship between the private and public sectors.
The first two lines of our Corporate Mission Statement read, "An employee owned organization that is focusing on the future," and "Our challenge is to be the best insurance organization in the world."
This mission statement is a reflection of the future of modern business which is globalization, the process of expanding markets and trading partners.
We intend to be the best we can at helping our customers improve and protect their financial security. Satisfying customers is the key to meeting our goals and shareholder expectations, and will enable us to build a reputation as a financially strong and highly respected company. We will judge our success in delivering this promise against the most difficult standard - policyholder expectations.
We believe that:
- Providing customers with products and services they value more than those of our competitors is critical to our success.
- Talented, well trained and motivated people working to the highest standards of performance and integrity are what makes success possible.
We will always:
- Offer superior insurance coverage at a reasonable cost.
- Train our agents so they can help the policyholder understand the coverage.
- Offer innovative policy forms and other options to serve the changing needs of our customers.
- Give outstanding service at all times.
We are committed to:
- Remaining focused on our core business of crop insurance.
- Remaining financially strong and stable as profitability is the ultimate measure of our success.